Athletes, present and past, can make a valuable contribution to sport. The Athletes’ Commission is an advisory committee set up to ensure that the athletes’ interests are represented within the Kuwait Olympic Committee (KOC).
The mission of the Athletes Commission is to convey to the KOC the interests, needs and concerns of athletes competing at the highest levels.
Our Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage with athletes to identify various areas of interest and concern;
- Provide reports and recommendations to the KOC on issues relevant to athletes and highlight potential areas of improvement;
- Assist athletes in their retirement from competition and ensure that they receive the appropriate support through this stage by making recommendations to the KOC and the athletes directly;
- Promote athlete awareness about anti-doping and WADA regulations;
- Promote good sportsmanship and fair play;
- Address the athletes’ needs on issues relating to their health and physical development, on and off the field of play;
- Where appropriate, liaise and consult with other committees within the KOC.